It's been quiet for a while in Gotham City, much to the concern of Batman, who thinks something big is coming. However, due to the quiet, he and Alfred decide the lull might be a good time to test new communications equipment. Only, just as the test starts, Batman's fears are soon proven right.
View-Master Batman Animated VR is a game based on Batman: The Animated Series for iOS and Android game and as such, features the return of Kevin Conroy as Batman, Loren Lester as Robin, Tara Strong as Batgirl, Mark Hamill as the Joker, and Mari Devon as Summer Gleeson.
This game provides examples of:
- Big Bad: The whole thing is the fault of the Joker.
- Failed a Spot Check: You'd think Summer would recognize the Ventriloquist and Scarface when she interviews them, but she doesn't bat an eyelash at Wesker's issues.
- Futureshadowing: Despite being set during the original Batman: TAS days, the Batcave features the costume cases from the TNBA-era complete with Dick's Nightwing costume as well as an in-development version of the suit from Batman Beyond.
- It's Quiet... Too Quiet: Alfred notes things in Gotham have been calm to the player when recruiting their help. True to this trope, things soon go to hell. The faux-episode title card even says "All Too Quiet".
- Tempting Fate: In addition to Alfred noting it's been quiet, Alfred aloud questions "What Could Possibly Go Wrong?" during the test flight of the Batwing—when before he finishes, things do.
- Villain Team-Up: Gotham's villains are working together with the Joker as the Big Bad.
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong?: Alfred is right in the middle of questioning this when things hit the fan.