The Eldritch Zookeeper is a 2018 management game developed by indie studio Cranktrain. The link to the official website of the game is https://cranktrain.com/the-eldritch-zookeeper/ and the link to the Steam page of the game is https://store.steampowered.com/app/654960/The_Eldritch_Zookeeper/ . The youtube page, where devlogs of the game can be watched is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVCz-_8VfkVwgB1WzCcuq4w.
The game is about a cursed zookeeper who is deceived by a Skeleton and is forced to manage a zoo that features otherworldly creatures as its attractions. The zookeeper must satisfy the needs of the creatures within the park and satisfy the zoo visitors as well.
- Action Bomb:The Gastroquin, if not satisfied, will become agitated and explode, destroying the enclosure it is within and killing itself and any visitors within the radius of its blast.
- Animalistic Abomination:The creatures that are featured within the zoo all resemble grotesque creatures, with one prominent example being the Hellion, a creature that resembles a crocodilian with a gaping maw, 6 legs and no pupils.
- Escaped Animal Rampage:Creatures will escape if players do not satisfy their needs or if the player deletes one of the fences.
- Our Monsters Are Weird:Most of the monsters in the game can be described as this,with the Grondomut being a creature made of cosmic ooze, which is what it eats while the Stalking Torch is a tentacled creature with a head on fire.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: Players can delete the fences of enclosures and let out creatures like the Behemoth and Hellion, which will target and kill visitors.