Star Sky is a game initially released on iOS and, in September 2015, ported to the Wii U with a sequel releasing for multiple platforms in 2016.
Star Sky is not a game for everyone. It is a slow-paced game of exploring different choices. There are secrets to unlock, and for those who make it to the end, there are a lot of interesting things to reflect about. It is also a peaceful experience and a game about enjoying the ambiance the world around you can provide. Make the choices, watch what happens, unlock the secrets.
The game is meant to be a relaxing and ambient experience focusing on creating a soothing atmosphere rather than intense game play. It is similar to an interactive poem. A poem that has several endings and allow you to explore different scenarios. It is important that you take your time and allow yourself to feel the game as you play it.
- Dead All Along:
- One of the interpretations of the player character at the end of the first game.
- More explicit in the second with both the man and woman.
- Does Not Like Shoes:
- If you look closely in her running animation, the woman is bare-footed. A subtle hint as to her true identity as a fairy.
- The woman in the sequel is also barefooted.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows:
- One of the best visual effects in the game if one takes the rainy path.
- A rainbow bridge carries the man across a chasm in the sequel. Same with the little girl in the ending.
- Let's Play: A commentary-free one by Gunarm Dyne and found here.
- Love at First Sight: But only when giving the rose to the woman.
- New Game+: The game remembers which events are triggered with each cycle. It takes a minimum of six to witness every event.
- Our Fairies Are Different: Encountering one midway through a cycle or at the very end satisfies the "Land of the Fairies" condition. One interpretation is they're there to guide the man on helping him overcome his regrets in life so he can pass on peacefully.
- Take Your Time: The point of the game. Every single event can be missed if the player doesn't stop at various spots.
- Walking Into The Sunrise: How the games end.