Sports Champions is a 2010 sports collection game developed by Zindagi Games and Sony Entertainment and released on September 17, 2010 as a launch title for the PlayStation Move. The game consists of six different minigames which take place in modern as well as medieval times. The six games included are table tennis, beach volleyball, Gladiator duel, disc golf, Bocce, and archery. The game has three modes. The first is free play where the player can practice each of the games. Challenge allows a player to compete with others in various events. Lastly, Champion's Cup is the game's "Story Mode".
On October 30, 2012 Sony released Sports Champions 2 which had a focus on common modern-day sports. Along with the return of archery from the first game, this one included tennis, skiing, golf, bowling, and boxing.
Both games use the following tropes:
- Casual Video Game: All six of the minigames in both games are easy to learn how to play and are played with a different form of controller.
- Death Mountain: Disc Golf takes place in a mountain range.
- Exergaming: Similar to other collections on other systems, they are a series of sports games which use an interactive, motion detecting controller.
- Minigame Game: Both games have six sports all of which can be played individually.
- The Middle Ages: This is the setting of the Gladiator Duel minigame.
- Palmtree Panic: Naturally, Beach Volleyball takes place on the beach.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: Skiing in the second game has the player skiing down a snowy mountain range.
- Tech-Demo Game: Released to demonstrate the PlayStation Move and was a pack-in for the device.
- Under the Sea: Bowling in the second game takes place in a bowling alley located in an underwater dome.