Insanity's Requiem is a mod by ZForum user TiberiumSoul.
It reportedly got its start as a difficulty mod with the author abandoning it for a time after stopping work on his original build at Mk.1 Version 3.1.0. On June 27th 2015.
Fast forward several months, to November 2nd 2015 and we find that the project was supposedly coming back with an announcement topic "Mark 2, What?" From a look through the forums topic, there was some back and forth banter between TiberiumSoul and ZForum user CarbineDioxide.
On April 20th 2016 Beta 1.0 was released to the public and has been going strong with periodic releases since, with the most recent being Beta 1.8a according to testers on his Discord Server.
As of this day the forums topic still advertises Beta 1.7e as the current available build.
As of this edit the forums topic has been updated, and offers a link to his discord server.
Download : Version 1.8b
The Mod's Discord Server
Insanity's Requiem provides examples of:
- Abnormal Ammo: most of the guns fire very basic semi realistic calibers of bullets, with a few oddballs in-between, I'm looking at you Typhoon!
- Alien Blood: Not all of Hell's denizens bleed red like us, some bleed green, others bleed blue, hell the Diabolist bleeds black.
- Awesome, yet Impractical: The Evangelizer Mk.3 Accelerated Gauss Platform. Yes, its the Gauss Cannon from DOOM 2016, but due to illegal modifications to a stolen siege mod component, the gun has an internal crucible that keeps enough energy stored at any given time to launch a siege blast on command... So what does charging up this crucible do? It eats 12 argent cells and fires an overcharged blast worth 4 normal shots which consume 3 cells per shot.
- Bloodier and Gorier: The mod was violent before, but with the replacement of the Unstable TiberGore System in favor of Sargent Mark IV's Bolognese Universal Gore System, the mod has become this.
- Shotguns Are Just Better : Especially true with the upcoming 1.8c update... It moves the Archangel Assault Shotgun into the same slot pool as the Malefactor in order to introduce the "Omega Express Model 8" a quad barreled 8 gauge coachgun that fires full brass White Phosphorus chunks mixed in with the buckshot.
- Fire-Breathing Weapon: The Incinerator, This demonic flamethrower spews hellfire in a condensed stream that will consume anything it cones into contact with, you included.
- Hand Cannon: The Tormentor, this monter of a revolver fires hilariously overpowered ".667 Magnum" bullets that send enemies flying backward comical distances.
- More Dakka: The Typhoon fires 30,000 rounds per minute... Is that enough Dakka? No? Oh yeah I forgot, theres no such thing as "Enough Dakka"
- No Kill Like Overkill: If the Longinus A.M.R.'s Tungsten Jacketed 20×110mm AP rounds werent overkill enough, you can swap out your magazine of five for another magazine containing five high explosive rounds that contain a payload of what appears to be White Phosphorus, sadly, its SFX only.
- Gatling Good: Also upcoming in 1.8c: the HRC-550 Mk.3 "Harbinger" Rotary Cannon it may not spit lead quite as fast the Typhoon can, but its 6000 round per minute rate of fire will definitely tickle your fancy when you compare calibers, 5.7x32mm for tye Typhoon, versus 20x110mm A.P.F.S.D.S. cartridges for the Harbinger... Yeeeeeeesss! that's right reader, the same 20mm rounds used by the Longinus.
- Rule of Cool: The Tormentor, and several of the late game weapons in Insanity's Requiem demonstrate this, most notably:
- The Tormentor: A revolver that holds six .667 Magnum bullets, which are significantly bigger than .500 S&W Magnum cartridges and have the comical ability to carry enemies off their feet several feet into the backdrop.
- The Longinus: A 20mm Anti Material Rifle that occupies your Explosive Weapon slot, its bullets can launch enemies several yards into the aether.
- The Typhoon: It looks laughably like a futuristic Submachinegun at first glance but once you experience this weapon's 30,000 round per minute firerate you wont find it so laughable.
- You can also launch empty magazines as High Yield Face Remover's at your enemies.
- The Evangelizer: The weapon has an "Overcharge" mode that allows you to fire off ten normal shots as one massive attack that deals monstrous amounts of damage, the weapon says "Point Away From Face" for this reason.
- Up to Eleven: The Gore. The Guns. The Sound Effects. Pretty much the whole damn mod.