Framed! is a point-and-click adventure made with AGS and released in February 12, 2004. You play Jamie, an unemployed simple-minded young man who frequently attracts trouble.
One day you receive a frantic call from your girlfriend Eleena and hurry to meet her. But you find that she's been murdered. At the same time cops arrive, arrest you and charge you for Eleena's murder. You should escape the cell and collect evidence to prove that you are innocent.
During your own straight forward investigation you will talk with people of different kinds, visit places in Gladsad Town selecting them on the map, and search for the clues, which allows you find out who the maniac is, why he killed your beloved, and how you may revenge him.
This Video Game contains examples of:
- Clear My Name: Jamie gets arrested for Eleena's murder, which he certainly did not do.
- Self Deprication: The author makes fun of the "horrible carpet" and "horrible painting" in Jamie's house. Additionally, when you exit the game, a prompt asks you whether you would like to continue wasting time (keep playing) or stop wasting time (exit).
- Shout-Out: When you click on the painting in Jamie's house, he (the player) jokes that it transports you to Monkey Island.
- Stuffed into the Fridge: Eleena gets murdered, and Jamie is the one to find her this way.
- The Woobie: Considering that Jamie is unemployed, frequently attracting trouble, lost his girlfriend, and gets arrested for her murder, you would think the world hates him.