- Breakup Breakout: Since the team's breakup in the Ultimatum event, Johnny's the only one to have a regular presence in the Ultimate Universe; first as a supporting character in Ultimate Spider-Man and then in Ultimate X-Men.
- Stillborn Franchise: Behind the scenes content reveals that Mark Millar was hoping that the alternate timeline shown in the "President Thor" arc would spin off into its own series like Marvel Zombies did. It didn't. It probably didn't help that the Skrulls killed everybody on the planet — save a single non-powered Ben Grimm. Who also died later.
- Trolling Creator: What the Marvel Zombies storyline was built off of. Marvel teased a crossover between the Ultimate and 616 universes with issue 20 ending with a familiar Skunk Stripe, covers featuring Ultimate!Reed meeting 616!Reed◊, and even calling the storyline "Crossover"...only to turn it completely on its head by the end of the issue with a rather cheeky line:Zombie!Reed: Ever get the feeling you've been had?
- What Could Have Been
- When he was first announced for the title, and still ignoring that he would have a short run, Millar announced that he would use Dr. Doom and Galactus in the first year. Only Doom appeared. Galactus would be used in Ultimate Galactus Trilogy, by Warren Ellis.
- Bendis had an idea for a story, but the editors rejected it: it was better suited for The Avengers. So he was allowed to write it for the Avengers instead. It was Avengers Disassembled.
Trivia / Ultimate Fantastic Four