- Cast the Expert:
- The rest of The Bikers were actually played by real life members of a Motorcycle Club called The Noblemen. They were from both Las Vegas and Southern Nevada. And Clint Eastwood wanted them for some of the roles of our Antagonists in the movie itself. However, they were one of the few in the Las Vegas area. Some of the real life Bikers by the names of Bear and the McHaney Brothers are still some of the original members and are still hanging about.
- The police officers shooting at the bus in Downtown Phoenix were actual Active and Reserve Phoenix Police Officers.
- Directed By Castmember: Clint Eastwood directed the film.
- Real-Life Relative: This was the second of six movies starring Eastwood and Sondra Locke, who were in a relationship at the time.
- Similarly Named Works: There was an episode of Bronk which aired two years earlier that featured a similar scheme and had the same title.
- What Could Have Been:
- The film was originally going to star Marlon Brando and Barbra Streisand; Brando subsequently withdrew, replaced by Steve McQueen. However, differences between Streisand and McQueen ultimately led to their joint departure
- Sam Peckinpah wanted to direct with Kris Kristofferson as the male lead. Walter Hill was also interested, and he too approached Kristofferson. Peckinpah and Kristofferson instead made Convoy with Ali MacGraw, whom Peckinpah considered as the female lead in this film.
Trivia / The Gauntlet