- Actor Allusion: Slowbeef and Diabetus often make comments based upon Retsupurae.
- When Slowbeef finally took the time to play Metroid Prime 2 and got to Quadraxis, the very first thing to spring to his mind was SNES9X.
- In this video from that very same LP, Diabetus mentions "light beam aquaired."
- In this video, while discussing combination weapons from Dead Rising 2, guest Toffile asks if slowbeef ever combined the banana, knife, and rope.
- During one part of their Dead to Rights: Retribution Let's Play, they talk about the critical reviews that the game received.Diabetus: A 7/10 rating usually means the game is fucking awful.
- In one part of the Metroid Fusion LP, slowbeef mentions the folly of looking up 'Metroid' on Newgrounds.
- In his Let's Play of the NES version of The Immortal, Slowbeef said "WHOOPS!" loudly when he kept fucking up a spell.
- When discussing Let's Players becoming popular through websites other than Something Awful, Slowbeef mentions BillyMC.com.
- In the Dead to Rights Let's Play, when trying to think of British phrases, Diabetus mentions "Teleport!"
- Non-Retsupurae example: when they discover that one of Corruption's enemies is called a Snatcher, they run with it.
- Development Hell: The Policenauts Let's Play, which was delayed for years by slowbeef's involvement with the translation.
- Fan Nickname: Was nicknamed "Comrade Slowbeef" by some Russian fans who assured others he had the Policenauts translation hack under control.
- Old Shame: He feels this way about his Super Metroid LP.
- Also his Dead To Rights LP, to a lesser extent (he feels that the commentary was fine, but wishes he could have improved the video quality).
- What Could Have Been: He originally planned for BillyMC to guest in a Prime video, but couldn't get in touch with him.
Trivia / slowbeef