And here we go again...
BillyMC is a YouTube user who is most famous for doing a Let's Play of Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels. He has done LPs of other games, including The Karate Kid, Tiny Toon Adventures, Double Dare (1986), McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure, Super Mario Bros. 2, a collaborative LP with Kenbombguy1 on Super Mario Bros. 3, Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania, Donkey Kong Country, The Adventures of Bayou Billy, and Castlevania II: Simon's Quest.
After making 200 videos, BillyMC called it quits, leaving a heartfelt goodbye to his fans. However, he later returned and co-oped games with his friend The Lime Popsicle. He also did a series called "Tasty Tuesday" where he reviewed food. After 9 years of doing Let's Plays, in July 9 2016 he quit a second time, and only uploads vlogs sporadically. His fanbase doesn't seem to mind whatsoever.
Retsupurae has done several RPs of him, and have noted that he, along with ElectricalBeast, is one of their favorite LPers. He has gained a moderate amount of popularity as a result; a fan even made a tribute video with Bruce Springsteen's "Born to Run".
BillyMC provides examples of these tropes:
- Ascended Meme: Billy played the McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure game after many people commented on his videos about him getting McDonald's for Christmas.
- BayouBillyMC, a Retsupurae joke, led to him LPing The Adventures of Bayou Billy.
- Catchphrase: "And here we go again..."
- "Don't RP the LP." note
- Retsupurae tried to make "That's fer shore" one, but it didn't stick.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: While his LP of The Lost Levels is filled with his failures, as stated below this was due to him using a keyboard. When behind an actual controller, he's capable of beating notoriously difficult games with surprising skill.
- Determinator: When playing the Lost Levels.
- Disco Dan: Sometimes portrayed as this due to his interest in games and TV from The '80s, but given his young age it really makes him more of a Fan of the Past.
- "Flowers for Algernon" Syndrome: Averted. Billy was originally a target for Retsupurae (and received a Colbert Bump as a result) because he failed a lot playing The Lost Levels. However, it turns out that that was only because he didn't have a controller at the time, and he's actually a pretty skilled player, as seen in later LPs. Despite this, he seems to have kept the fans he acquired earlier.
- Glory Seeker: Defied. He didn't start doing LPs to be famous; he was just interested in making new friends.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Possibly him and "The Lime Popsicle", or at the very least especially hinted by his Retsupurae fans as of the Bro-Op LP of Mario Bros. Arcade.
- He's Back!: Billy came out of retirement one last time to LP Abobo's Big Adventure.
- Hidden Depths: In his recent Lets Play of Hollywood Squares on the NES, Billy shows off a surprising amount of knowledge on cars.
- Even more bizarrely for their ages, he and his friend "The Lime Popsicle" show an insane encyclopaedic knowledge of 80s sitcoms during their LP of Pinball for the NES, especially Growing Pains.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Discussed in his Solitare video; he's overwhelmingly positive in a sea of Internet-borne negativity—especially in spite of all the Retsupurae exposure—but still tries to remain positive.
- Manly Tears: People's reactions when he beats a hard level.
- Morality Pet: For the goons of Retsupurae.
- Nice Guy: As one YouTube commenter put it:I want to meet Billy MC in person. He just seems like the kind of guy that throws everyone off because he's actually nice and endearing about everything, with not a bad word about anyone. He's the kind of person who would honestly see nothing wrong with a sitcom character being called "the Beaver". Never change Billy. This world is much too cynical now and you add a badly needed dash of innocence. Never ever change.
- Never Heard That One Before: After a while, Billy began getting really sarcastic to people who quoted Retsupurae in their YT comments.
- Original Character: Retsupurae created JacobMC, Billy's older brother, who gets all the cheeseburgers that he wants and can beat Ninja Gaiden with his eyes closed.
- Rapid-Fire "No!": Done after falling off a truck in his Fear Factor Unleashed LP.
- Real Trailer, Fake Movie: One was made for his Lost Levels LP.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Fans' reaction to the Ninja Gaiden LP; not in that the LP itself would be bad, but that the difficulty of the game would drive Billy insane.
- Subverted. He breezed through it.
- Same with Castlevania.
- Subverted. He breezed through it.
- Training from Hell: The Lost Levels took a very long time but it was worth it; Billy has gone on to effortlessly beat Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden.
- Not to mention the tragic past that's been associated with him. It turned him from being a hopeless nerd to a complete badass.
- True Companions: With The Lime Popstickle. Seriously, they could play Mario Party together and still be friends!
- Who's Laughing Now?: Said to some enemies in The Karate Kid.