- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Only the first game in the series ever got a re-release onto the Wii, along with the first Freddi Fish and Pajama Sam games. It was a direct copy and literally nothing had been changed.
- Now averted as the entire series has been re-released on Steam in 2014.
- No Export for You:
- The Comic-Book Adaptation SPY Fox was published exclusively in the British magazine Planet PC and saw worldwide release only on the artist's website.
- Despite the Netherlands being the only other country where Humongous was popular, SPY Fox 3 was never exported there. The reason why remains a mystery, seeing how Freddi Fish 5 was exported yet was made after it.
- The Other Darrin: SPY Fox is voiced by Bob Zenk in Dry Cereal & Cheese Chase and by Mike Madeoy from Some Assembly Required onward.
- Technology Marches On: Played straight and parodied throughout the series.
- Two retractable televisions in the Dream House of Wee World are CRTs.
- LeRoach has a setup in the sewers below the World's Fair which he uses to try one last scheme, but the program he launches contains a bug, which then shows a pop-up that looks like a Windows 95 dialog box, parodying the OS's frequent crashes.
- "This program will be shut down. Do you wish to throw a fit now?" Only one button is there, and it says "Yes".
- A computer the size of a wrist watch that can communicate with a video screen from far away? Nonsense! ...well, at least until smart watches became a thing. These days, the Spy Watch seems quaint by comparison: only communication to one place, and only one game can fit on it at once. It couldn't even tell time until the third game!note
- Unintentional Period Piece
- In Dry Cereal, SPY Fox is given some drachmas needed to buy things. It wouldn't be until 5 years after the game was released that the Euro replaced drachmas as Greece's official currency.
- Along with the Austin Powers movies, these games exist in the waning years of the original campy James Bond franchise and effectively made it so that nobody could every take them seriously again. The last game was released a year before Die Another Day, the last campy Bond film before the series got a Darker and Edgier reboot.
- Urban Legend of Zelda: There was a minor rumour (which seems to have been perpetrated at a time before the games were re-released on Steam, meaning it couldn't be easily tested) that there was a third ending to Some Assembly Required where you could flush Le Roach down the pipe leading to Fiji (rather than the one to Spy Jail), but you can't.
- What Could Have Been: The teaser for the game in Freddi Fish 2 indicates that SPY Fox was originally going to have dark brown fur and his car would have been black instead of white.
- Working Title: SPY Fox: Operation Ozone was originally going to be just called SPY Fox 3.
Trivia / SPY Fox