- BFI Top 100 British Films: #53
- Dawson Casting: Daniel Day-Lewis was 32 when he played teenage Christy.
- Method Acting: Daniel Day-Lewis went on to win an Oscar for his extremely realistic portrayal of Christy Brown.
- Real-Life Relative: Director Jim Sheridan's family members play extras in the opening scenes, his daughter Kirsten Sheridan, who would later co-write In America, plays Christy's older sister Sharon.
- Retroactive Recognition: Who woulda thought that the person suffering from severe Cerebral Palsy would later on be The Last of the Mohicans, be the head of one of New York's notorious gangs of the 19th century, and be a ruthless oil Tycoon. Christie's mother also deserves mention, as she later protects Kevin McCallister from two bad guys using pigeons as her main weapon.
- Separated-at-Birth Casting/Timeshifted Actor: Hugh O'Conor, who plays the 9-year-old Christy Brown bears a striking resemblance to Daniel Day-Lewis.
Trivia / My Left Foot