- Actor Allusion:
- Director allusion - when Lucy is in Times Square, a poster for Luc Besson's The Family can be seen.
- Another one. Luc Besson wrote the film Three Days To Kill - which featured an uncredited woman being tattooed. The same woman appears here as a tattoo artist, sporting a tattoo of the Mexican Lady of Guadalupe.
- Bad Export for You: There are scenes that were filmed in IMAX, and yet the United States didn't get the IMAX version.
- Creator Cameo: Luc Besson appears as a doctor in the Paris hospital, and is later among those shot by Mr Jang's gang.
- Dawson Casting: Downplayed. Scarlett Johansson is four years older than her character, whose birth date is listed as 1988.
- Development Hell: The script took nine years to make. Luc Besson says this is the reason for the 90% of Your Brain trope - which he found out was nonsense but kept it for Rule of Cool.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Lucy grossed over $40 million in France, and is the highest grossing film there for the last twenty years.
- Jossed: A rumour circulated that Angelina Jolie was the original choice for Lucy. Luc Besson has denied these claims, saying he only met with a couple of actresses for the part. Scarlett Johansson was also cast almost immediately after meeting him.
- What Could Have Been: Milla Jovovich, Luc Besson's ex-wife and frequent Muse back in the 90s, was considered for Lucy. However she was pregnant at the time, so she was not asked.
Trivia / Lucy