In the midst of her modeling career, Milla Jovovich (pronounced mee-luh yo-vo-vitch) made waves in Hollywood with her roles as Michelle in Dazed and Confused and Leeloo in The Fifth Element. Today she is best known for playing Alice in the Resident Evil movies, to the extent that she's the most recognizable character from the franchise (despite not appearing in any of the games).
Like Helena Bonham-Carter, she tends to collaborate a lot with her film director significant others, former husband Luc Besson and current husband Paul W.S. Anderson (though HBC has Milla beat by about two movies). She and Anderson have two children, daughter Ever Gabo and son Dashiel Edan.
She maintains her modeling and fashion designing career, and even had her own clothing line, Jovovich-Hawk, but it went under in 2008. She's also a singer, and although her last official album was released 17 years ago, she continues to release demos, sing folk songs, and contribute to movie soundtracks. However, an as-yet untitled EP is forthcoming according to Milla herself.
- Lilli Hargrave in Return to the Blue Lagoon (1991)
- Michelle Burroughs in Dazed and Confused (1993)
- Leeloo note in The Fifth Element (1997)
- Dakota Barns in He Got Game (1998)
- Joan of Arc in The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc (1999)
- Katinka in Zoolander
- Alice in the Resident Evil film series
- Kat in .45 (2006)
- Violet Song jat Shariff in Ultraviolet (2006)
- Dr. Abbey Tyler in The Fourth Kind (2009)
- Milady de Winter in The Three Musketeers (2011)
- Kate Abbott in Survivor (2015)
- Nimue the Blood Queen in Hellboy (2019)
- Senior Agent Bruce in The Rookies (2019)
This actress provides examples of:
- Action Girl: She's been getting a lot of these roles since The Fifth Element.
- Barefoot Loon: She's not one herself, but she played an eccentric perpetually barefoot girl called Eloise in Wim Wenders' "Million Dollar Hotel". She even walked barefoot for two months in real life to get used to the role.
- Full-Frontal Assault: She gets naked a LOT in her movies. Sometimes full frontal.
- Large Ham: She's so hyper, it's incredible. Most definitely in The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc, Zoolander and The Three Musketeers (2011).
- Ms. Fanservice: She's often the only reason people go to see her less-than-stellar movies. She knows it, and she's a good sport about it. Once when asked why people should see Resident Evil, she replied, "I'm wearing a skimpy dress and holding a machine gun". On the film's DVD commentary she's amazed her husband was able to talk about something completely unrelated while her nipple was visible.
- Omniglot: Milla speaks English and French fluently. She also speaks some Russian.