In the midst of her modeling career, Milla Jovovich (pronounced mee-luh yo-vo-vitch) made waves in Hollywood with her roles as Michelle in Dazed and Confused and Leeloo in The Fifth Element. Today she is best known for playing Alice in the Resident Evil Film Series, to the extent that she's the most recognizable character from the franchise (despite not appearing in any of the games).
She tends to work a lot with her film director significant others, those being former husband Luc Besson and current husband Paul W.S. Anderson. She and Anderson have three daughters - Ever (who's a child/teen actress), Dashiel, and Osian.
She maintains her modeling and fashion designing career, and even had her own clothing line, Jovovich-Hawk, but it went under in 2008. She's also a singer, and although her last official album was released back in 1998, she continues to release demos, sing folk songs, and contribute to movie soundtracks. However, an as-yet untitled EP is forthcoming.
- Lilli Hargrave in Return to the Blue Lagoon (1991)
- Mildred Harris in Chaplin (1992)
- Michelle Burroughs in Dazed and Confused (1993)
- Leeloo note in The Fifth Element (1997)
- Dakota Barns in He Got Game (1998)
- Joan of Arc in The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc (1999)
- Katinka Ingaborgovinanana in Zoolander (2001) and Zoolander 2 (2016)
- Alice in the Resident Evil Film Series
- Erin in No Good Deed (2003)
- Kat in .45 (2006)
- Violet Song jat Shariff in Ultraviolet (2006) (2006)
- Dr. Abbey Tyler in The Fourth Kind (2009)
- Milady de Winter in The Three Musketeers (2011)
- Kate Abbott in Survivor (2015)
- The Drug Lord in Future World (2018)
- Nimue the Blood Queen in Hellboy (2019)
- Senior Agent Bruce in The Rookies (2019)
- Capt. Natalie Artemis in Monster Hunter (2020)
This actress provides examples of:
- Action Girl: She's been getting a lot of these roles since The Fifth Element.
- Barefoot Loon: She's not one herself, but she played an eccentric perpetually barefoot girl called Eloise in Wim Wenders' "Million Dollar Hotel". She even walked barefoot for two months in real life to get used to the role.
- Full-Frontal Assault: She gets naked a LOT in her movies. Sometimes full frontal.
- Lady in Red: Most famously as Alice but she wears red a lot and looks very good doing so.
- Large Ham: She's so hyper, it's incredible. Most definitely in The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc, Zoolander and The Three Musketeers (2011).
- Ms. Fanservice: She's often the only reason people go to see her less-than-stellar movies. She knows it, and she's a good sport about it. Once when asked why people should see Resident Evil (2002), she replied, "I'm wearing a skimpy dress and holding a machine gun". On the film's DVD commentary she's amazed her husband was able to talk about something completely unrelated while her nipple was visible.
- Omniglot: Milla speaks English and French fluently. She also speaks some Russian.
- Sensual Slav: In a few of her roles. It helps that she actually is from eastern Europe.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's about 5'9 and very beautiful.