- Actor Allusion: Crane is voiced by Roger Craig Smith, who is no stranger when it comes to virus-induced zombie apocalypses.
- Referenced by...: iZombie. It probably goes beyond Product Placement when you consider that show features both zombies and an energy drink that grants enhanced strength and agility.
- What Could Have Been:
- The game was originally conceived as a sequel to Techland's previous game Dead Island, with one of the working titles being "Dead World," before they ultimately decided to turn the game into an original IP. This explains the many similarities between the two games, namely the EXP mechanic and overworld exploration. Deep Silver, the owners of the Dead Island property, would continue that series even without Techland.
- The game was also originally meant to see a cross-generation release with versions for the Xbox 360 and PS3. These versions were canceled when it became obvious the hardware of the two consoles was simply too weak to handle even severely graphically downgraded versions of the game.
- The game originally had an Australian protagonist, later changed to French, before finally settling on American Kyle Crane.
- Multiple gameplay mechanics or systems were re-tooled or cut, including weapon dual-wielding, abilities such as vaulting and tackle having cooldowns, and much more.
Trivia / Dying Light