- I Knew It!: Word of God and World of Thedas Vol. II confirm fan speculation that the Architect is one of the seven Magisters who invaded the Golden City and became the first Darkspawn, and that he was once the High Priest of Urthemiel.
- Meme Acknowledgment: One of the rewards the Warden-Commander gets for saving Amaranthine is a magic staff called "Lamppost in Winter." It amps up cold damage and the description advises against licking it.
- Recycled Script: Nathaniel's "Help me find my sister in that big city!" companion quest is similar to Alistair's, except it involves hugs and happy reunions, as opposed to bitterness and accusations.
- Shrug of God: The answer to why the player can import a character to Awakening even if s/he chose to sacrifice him/herself at the end of Origins.
- What Could Have Been:
- According to Word of God, they briefly considered Velanna becoming the new host for Justice instead of Anders in Dragon Age II.
- Oghren wasn't planned on being in Awakening but the developers felt that most players didn't get enough time to get to know him in the main game so they added him as a returning party member.
Trivia / Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening