- Acting for Four: The music video clip for "Ironic".
- Deliberate Flaw Retcon: She has claimed that the lack of actual examples of irony in her song "Ironic" was intentionally ironic.
- No Export for You: Space Cakes was released only in Japan, while The Singles Box was released only in Australia.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Considering how much she hates them, it's no surprise that her first two albums have not received digital releases.
- Old Shame:
- Her first two albums, which are basically the Real Life version of Robin Sparkles. Lampshaded in this performance of one of her old teen pop singles (in her angsty modern style), where she says that the song "deserves no introduction."
- Just One of the Girls, an awful Direct-to-Video movie starring Corey Haim and Nicole Eggert that she made a cameo in during her teen pop years. She says that it was entirely "horrible". She isn't the only one.
- Parody Retcon: Her infamous song "Ironic".
- Technology Marches On: The video for "Hands Clean" released in 2002 shows a fictionalised narrative of the song from conception, through writing, recording and distributing it. While it's still pretty accurate it has no sequence covering digital and online distribution or promotion as while iTunes had come out in 2001 it would still be a few years before digital music sales seriously rivalled CDs and YouTube was not launched until 2005.
Trivia / Alanis Morissette