Otro rollo was a Mexican variety show that ran from 1995 to 2007. Its host was Adal Ramones.
It was divided into well-defined segments:
- The Monologo (the first hour, and possibly the most remembered bit)
- Reportaje de Yordi Rosado
- The Sketch
- Live music performance
- Famous guests' interviews
It also had several specials, such as the Carrera de Botargas (a race between Mascots of several companies and Yordi in a bee suit) and La Pecera del Amor (a date show parody)
Mexican people remembers it fondly. But mostly those who were teenagers during its run, thanks to how prone it was to Memetic Mutation.
This show provides examples of:
- Corpsing: Every single time legendary comedian Polo Polo was interviewed, one way or another Adal Ramones would end up laughing in tears.
- Everything Trying to Kill You: The Mascots in the Carrera de Bortagas versus Yordi, almost to the point of a Deadly Game Played for Laughs.
- Lampshade Hanging: A lot during the Monologo, such as why does Chucky (and all horror movie monsters) always reach the protagonists, even when they run away from him?Adal Ramones: [imitating Chucky's movements, as if holding a knife] TAAAXIII!
- Running Gag: The Monologo segment's Cinco Puntos (last bit) was always preceded by Rudy's super awesome drum action. Then there are the Mercury brothers, who would interrupt the monologo whenever Adal touched his left shoulder.
- Spiritual Successor: Adal Ramones: El Show, which began airing in 2015. Yes, it has monologos too.