Inspired by The Hunger Games, and possibly from elements of "The Amazing Race" and the short-lived TV series "The Great Escape", several teams compete to win $250,000. How this happens is that one team is randomly selected to be a "Hunt" team, while the remainder are the "Prey" team. Eliminations are by vote, as in Survivor, if the Hunt team can capture at least one Prey team (the choice is then between the Hunt and Prey teams) or if two teams are captured (choice is between either of the Prey teams). Automatic elimination happens if the Hunt team fails to capture any Prey team.
This show provides examples of the following:
- Can't Catch Up: Inverted. The Hunt teams tend, at least in the initial episodes, to be the strongest and/or fastest of the players, so they are able to "tag" their targets. Some do not take it that well.
- Played straight with some of the teams whose members aren't swift enough - notably the black team which was eliminated without capturing anyone.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The teams are differentiated by the color of their uniforms.
- FaceHeel Turn: Blue team in particular, having earned the ire of the remaining teams when they ate the sandwiches and then purposely threw the rest into the grass to make them inedible.
- Hunting the Most Dangerous Game
- One-Word Title: It's about a team of Hunters trying to capture a team of Prey.
- The Woobie: Some of the teams have people you'd really rather not see get tagged out.