The story follows five sisters who have a close relationship due to the early deaths of their parents. Their relationship is torn apart after one of the sisters, Goedele (Inge Paulussen), marries despicable Jean-Claude (aptly called "De Kloot" meaning bollock, played by Dirk Roofthooft). Gradually, the five sisters see Goedele transform into a submissive housewife, living in the shadow of her loathsome husband. Each of the five sisters has a reason to detest "De Kloot". This eventually drives them to plot his death, but their plans don't always work out the way they expected. Eventually, he dies, but two insurance agents are convinced that his death wasn't an accident and are desperate to find out how he died.
The show aired during the fall of 2012 on the Belgian channel VTM, and was broadcast in the UK under the name The Out-Laws on Channel Four in 2016. An Irish remake titled Bad Sisters premiered in 2022.
- Accidental Murder: There were some collateral damages with the sisters' many murder attempts. Min, Oscar, the private detective, and probably Beccas pet rat
- Anyone Can Die
- Asshole Victim: Jean-Claude was not a nice man.
- Kill It with Ice: One plot was designed to freeze Jean-Claude to death. Jean-Claudes mother Min was accidentaly frozen instead
- Make It Look Like an Accident: How many attempts (namely the fire, the electrocution, and the paintball incident) were disguised.
- Medication Tampering: One attempt involved adding Rohypnol to Jean-Claudes nasal spray to knock him off.
- Nosy Neighbor: Irene Bols, Jean-Claude and Goedeles neighbor.
- Police Are Useless
- Scars are Forever: Bibis eye injury which requires her to wear an eyepatch.