May Xnocens is a stand alone story in script format. There are about three storylines to start with.
The first one is about a man named Borne, who saves princess May Xnocens when she gets stabbed on the way to her wedding. Her attacker claims that if the wedding goes through the ghost of Idius March will be released and kill all the ogres.
In the second one 4 children run into people who make fake ruines. The ruine-makers put on a play about Idius March and help hide the children when orges start chasing one of them.
The third is about Mechta, a handmaiden of princess May who saves a group of ogres from going to prison. They help her find her husband, who has been turned into a flying pig.
In the original version these storylines are all presented running through each other, while a reorganized version starts with the children and the ruin builders, then has the other two storylines be a story one of the ruin builders tells the children.
This script provides examples of:
- Arranged Marriage: Princess May's marriage was going to be one of these.
- Deus ex Machina: After April gets caught Mechta rescues her. Untill that point there is no indication that either of them know the other exists.
- Diabolus ex Machina: April isn't the one the ogres are after in the first place. She tries to explain this, but loses her voice at that exact moment.
- Disney Villain Death: Borne gets thrown off a cliff by July's ogres.
- Enemy Mine: Borne and July against Idius March
- Fantastic Racism: Queen September thinks all ogres are evil, and imprisons any she runs into.
- Hologram/Hard Light: Holographic weapons are used in the play about Idius March. They can hurt people a little in some situations such as if those people have someone's ghost sealed inside them. Borne also uses one of these to kill Idius March.
- Identical Stranger: Played with, January looks like a grown up April. It is implied that the ogres who are after April mistook her for January.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: July has ogre henchmen, who he doesn't pay well either.
- Last-Name Basis: Borne.
- Mysterious Middle Initial: November Y. P. Day has two.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Idius March.
- Nice to the Waiter: Mechta, to her ogre followers.
- Punny Name: May Xnocens (makes no sense, refering to the plot), Rhett October.
- Theme Naming: Everybody either has a month as part of thier name (July, Idius March, May and September Xnocens, Mechta and Rhett October, April, January, November, February) or is only known by thier last name which would make a pun if combined with a month as first name (Borne, miss Forth).
- Qurac: Where most of the Borne plot takes place.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: July wants to kill princess May to prevent Idius March from massacring ogres.