September 2012. Story Parker is your average twenty-something year old girl who lives with her parents and has a bird named Darwin. She decides to start a nail art blog with the intent of educating her viewers on cheap and easy ways to make their nails look pretty. Very quickly, however, things start going awry for her, and she quickly finds herself the subject of interest of many supernatural creatures and beings.
Story's YouTube account follows her attempts to figure out what is going on and why she's being followed by these beings. She also has a Twitter account where she uploads pictures and sends out notifications of new videos.
Doesn't have a fanwiki yet, but does have an Unfiction thread.
This series provides examples of:
- And Now For Something Completely Different: No. 17 - New Year's Eve is a complete change from all the previous and following videos, albeit in a nice, touching way.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Slender Man, natch.
- Big Bad: It was shaping up to be Slender Man, but then it fades out of the story in favor of The Black Dog. No word on which of them, or even if either of them, is the Big Bad.
- The Blank: Again, Slender Man.
- Break the Cutie: Happens VERY fast to poor Story.
- Daylight Horror: Not for the viewer, but for Story. She sees The Black Dog for the first time out of her window during the middle of the day.
- The Ghost:
- Story's parents are this, with only her father getting a few seconds of screen time, and even that was only his leg.
- The Black Dog also qualifies, as its only real appearances have been a picture of its rump and hind legs on the Twitter feed and its paws and shadow in No. 22 - Sleepwalking.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: The Black Dog is said to have these.
- He Who Must Not Be Named: Both Slender Man and The Black Dog have yet to be explicitly named.
- Humanoid Abomination: Slender Man.
- Incurable Cough of Death: What with this series at least partially featuring Slenderman, and with coughing being one of his main signs of being around, it's only natural that this has, is, and will continue to happen.
- Meaningful Background Event: Basically whenever Slendy shows up, as he hasn't been shown in the foreground yet.
- Minimalism: In spades. The cast has one main character, two side characters, two evil beings, a few extras, and that's it.
- Myth Arc: Why is Story the subject of Slender Man and now The Black Dog's attentions? That's the entire plot thus far.
- Nothing Is Scarier: This is the basis of many of the earlier entries, as there is ample distortion of both audio and video varieties, but no actual creepiness happening, thus inducing a growing sense of dread.
- Paranormal Investigation: As of No. 23 - Scars, this appears to be the way the story is going.
- Properly Paranoid: Story, in spades. Her friends... no so much.
- After the events of No. 6 - Sleepover, Story convinces her friends to film themselves for a while in hopes of catching their stalker. It "pays off" in No. 10 - Lailah.
- In addition, after Story finds her front door ajar for several nights in a row, she decides to film her door, hallway, and bedroom in fear of someone or something getting in, leading to No. 22 - Sleepwalking.
- Right Behind Me: Slendy pulls a particularly effective version in No. 10 - Lailah.
- Sleepwalking: Well, it's referred to as sleepwalking, but it's more like Story is being controlled or influenced by The Black Dog.
- Surprise Creepy: At least for the first video, it seemed like quite the legit nail-art vlog.