Bleach the World is an AU Play By Post Bleach roleplay composed entirely of Original Characters. The overall site plot is largely staff driven if notoriously slow-paced, though this is mitigated by a multitude of character driven plots. It is hosted by Zetaboards, and possesses numerous features and endless customization.
Bleach the World follows "T1 Rules" but tends to have its own set of conventions that are best learned in practice or by asking a member of the staff.
For the most part, the universe maintains traditional canon elements, but it can and has deviated on key points.
Bleach The World contains examples of:
- All Just a Dream: Subverted; though the events of the Memory Arc can and will appear to the participants in their memories and dreams, all of the events actually happened...sort of.
- All There in the Manual: Much of Ophelia's backstory takes place over the course of an entirely different roleplaying site.
- Alternate Universe: The setting. Taken Up to Eleven with the Director's Cut section: it includes every single story line that never finished or created a paradox.
- Bad Powers, Good People: Ophelia's powers revolve around the concept of subjugation, and her sword is capable of trapping souls inside of it. In spite of this, she is rather friendly these days.
- The Call Knows Where You Live: Unless their player is extremely picky about who they roleplay with and how, chances are any given character will be forced into a violent conflict at least once.
- Destructive Saviour: To an extent. The Shinigami invasion of the Vatican has so far resulted in the destruction of huge swathes of the building, and they've only been inside for 5 minutes.
- The Dreaded: Raito. Not only was he responsible for the entirety of the Memory Arc, but he is heavily implied to be one of the strongest NPCs.
- Luck-Based Mission: The SS-rank quests qualify. While you control your fate to some extent, these quests are notoriously difficult, lethal, and unpredictable.