- Darths & Droids: Bria Tharen attempts to pull off a Bavarian fire drill to trick the Toprawa gate guards into letting Rebel ships through the planetary shield in #1681, titled "Briatharian Fire Drill".
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality: "Imposition of order equals escalation of chaos." The presence of, ultimately, a quintuple agent is probably a reference to the same work.
- The Dresden Files, Cold Days: There's a double-barreled Shout-Out when Bob calls Harry the embodiment of "Things fall apart". This Yeats quote is also a repeating liefmotif in Illuminatus! - which also deals with a human world intruded into by non-human things of Magic seeking to bring about Armageddon. The idea of something inhumanly evil being deliberately sprung from its prison of millenia to wreak havoc in the world is an Illuminatus! theme too.
- Lost: The presence of 23 and 42 in the show's Arc Numbers are references to Illuminatus! and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, respectively.
- In the The X-Files episode The Post-Modern Prometheus Dr. Francis Pollidori having to leave to deliver an address at the University of Ingolstadt, a reference to the Ingolstadt University institution where medical student Victor Frankenstein has the idea of creating a human.