When the bear den is threatened to be torn down to make way for a cell phone tower, the bears must not only fight back, but find proof they've lived there for at least five years in order to claim the land as their own.
- Community-Threatening Construction: The cell tower being built on top of the bear's den.
- Flashback: Every now and then the story cuts to five years ago, detailing the bears' attempts to find a house.
- Follow the White Rabbit: The bears chase a raccoon that stole their dreamcatcher, which leads them to the cave that will become their den.
- Funny Background Event: While Grizz and Panda look for evidence of them living in the den for five years, Ice Bear can be seen outside the window trying to stall the construction crew.
- It Came from the Fridge: In the second apartment the bears look at, Ice Bear peeks inside the fridge and sees something breathing inside.
- Mistaken for Quake: Grizz mistakes the arrival of the construction crew for one.
- Performance Anxiety: Panda gets stage fright when the interviewer mentions the thousands of viewers watching him.Panda: Um...Reporter: Sir?Panda: (blushing, trailing off) We are just... trying to save our home...Reporter: Excuse me?Panda: (blushing intensifies) (silence)
- Reality Ensues: For all their anthropomorphism, the bears still wound up living in a cave because the Bay Area housing market gives no mercy.
- When a news crew interviews the bears about the eventual loss of their home, we get this from Ice Bear:Ice Bear: Ice Bear likes turtles.
- Among the bears' trash thrown out by a construction worker is a Tamagotchi, most likely belonging to Panda.
- The rat coming out of the showerhead may be a reference to the Frank Zappa album Waka/Jawaka, which has a sink on the cover with the faucets marked "hot" and "rats".
- When a news crew interviews the bears about the eventual loss of their home, we get this from Ice Bear:
- Through a Face Full of Fur: An extreme example when Panda not only blushes, but has his entire head turn red when he realizes that he's being interviewed on TV.