A familiar foe comes to Jims aid in the Darklands. Back in Arcadia, Toby's distracting new headgear picks up an important clue.
Tropes for this episode include:
- Braces of Orthodontic Overkill: After injuring himself trying to help capture Otto (just barely being a few hours after being free of his braces), Toby is forced to wear braces even worse than before. It later becomes a plot point when they start picking up radio signals, giving them a clue in locating the Janus Order.
- The Bus Came Back: It turns out that after Nomura was sucked through Killaheed Bridge, Gunmar took out his frustrations in losing both Bular and the chance to escape on her, having locked her in a cell next to Jim's.
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique: Averted. With everyone tied to chairs, Otto playing classical music on a record player and a table with tools on it, Toby thought he was planning on torturing them. Instead, Otto uses a wrench to undo Toby's headgear so they won't be able to listen in on them.
- Pet the Dog: As a favor, Nomura gives Jim cimmerian fruit, giving him an advantage against the Nyarlagroth.
- Shout-Out: The title is a pun on Grand Theft Auto and the name of Otto, the head of the Janus Order.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Unlike most changelings, Otto is able to shapeshift into anybody at will. He credits this as a perk being higher up in the Janus Order's hierarchy.