Claire recruits NotEnrique for a secret mission, while bully Steve stirs up trouble at school. In the Darklands, Jim meets "The Skullcrusher."
Tropes for this episode include:
- Collapsible Helmet: The Twilight Armor can project a helmet in an emergency. It's unclear if the Daylight Armor can do the same.
- Cool Helmet: A horned helmet not unlike a knight's helmet appears over Jim's head when Gunmar nearly crushes his skull.
- Continuity Nod: When Gunmar uses his sword on the warrior Jim escaped from, said warrior's eyes glow the exact same shade of white Angor Rot's did when his soul was destroyed, implying that Gunamr removed the soldier's soul.
- Establishing Character Moment: In his first official appearance, Gunmar executes one of his own troops by using his magic sword to force him to commit suicide via falling into the abyss. Why? Because Jim momentarily slipped out of his restraints.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Steve almost breaks through The Masquerade and is reduced to a (temporary) panicked gibbering mess at the end of the episode.
- Heroic RRoD: Overuse of her staff physically and emotionally exhausts Claire, she and NotEnrique end up almost drowning trying to get all of the pieces of the bridge back to Arcadia.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: In response to Gunmar trying to crush his head, the armor instinctively produces a never before seen helmet.
- Shaped Like Itself: "Smells like dirt."
- Unskilled, but Strong: While Dictatious is clearly aware that the power of Eclispe is something to be feared, Gunmar correctly sizes Jim up as being far too inexperienced to even touch him with the sword.
- Unsportsmanlike Gloating: Since winning the Spring Fling (which was two weeks ago), Steve has since been wearing his crown and tormenting people with the staff everywhere he goes.