Selma marries Fat Tony while Lisa uses Bart to sniff out truffles.
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: After no longer needing his pig to find truffles, Luigi showed a knife and said the pig would have a new usefulness: knife sharpener.
- Enormous Engagement Ring: Fat Tony's real wife laughs at the size of Selma's ring, which is a ring of a mistress. Her ring is huge and the gem is as big as her fist.
- Exact Words: When Lisa asked Bart to find three more truffles, she said she wanted them to be as big as a baby's head. When Bart agreed, she pointed to a swollen-headed baby.
- Language Barrier: Fat Tony takes an advantage of Selma who doesn't speak Italian. The wedding is officiated in Italian and Selma was asked to be Tony's mistress, not his wife.
- Sham Wedding: Selma marries Fat Tony, the local mafia boss. However, it turns out the wedding wasn't real and the ceremony was held in Italian (which Selma doesn't know), and she only agreed to be Tony's house mistress. Fat Tony's real wife laughs at the size of Selma's ring.
- You Got Spunk: Fat Tony was attracted to Selma because she talked back to him and fearlessly insulted him.