Michael reveals that he is still seeing Donna after learning that shes married in the previous episode. Although he tries to rationalize it and play himself up as the good guy in his situation, the staff openly disapprove of his actions, particularly Andy due to his previous experience.
Meanwhile, Jim and Pam have trouble staying awake at work due to their new baby, and Angela tries to make Dwight honor their pregnancy contract.
- Call-Back: Having had a cheating fiancé before, Andy is naturally the most vocally opposed to Michael seeing Donna.
- Comically Missing the Point:
- In a talking head, Pam says shes tired from being up all night with Cece. Erin says she shouldnt keep a baby up all night.
- Michael is approached by a group of reporters as he's leaving for the day and for some reason assumes that they're asking him to make a statement on his recently-cut affair.
- Everyone Has Standards: Though Michael has done some abhorrent things in the past that the rest of the office was eventually able to brush off, willingly being in an affair with a married woman even after meeting her husband is clearly a level above everything else. Most of the office shuns him, even Meredith.Meredith: That is something I would never do.Michael: Well, we all know what you're capable of, Meredith.Meredith: I have never cheated on, been cheated on, or been used to cheat with.
- Groin Attack: Dwight repeatedly does this to himself, desperate not to get Angela pregnant.
- Hypocritical Humor: When Pam accuses Michael of still seeing Donna, he turns around and asks "Since when is this an office where we delve into each other's personal lives?"