Dwight and Andy come to blows when Angelas affair is revealed.
- Combat Pragmatist: Andy knows he'd probably lose to Dwight in a one-on-one fight, so he decides to sneak attack him with his Prius.
- Despair Event Horizon: Dwight cannot muster up any more energy to hate Andy after learning that he had sex with Angela, despite Angela telling him she wasn't sleeping with anyone else. Andy also decides to give up the duel at that point, just too frustrated over the situation.
- Downer Ending: The episode ends with all members of the love triangle saddened and alone: Andy calls off the wedding, Dwight realizes that not only was Angela cheating on Andy with him, but she was also cheating on him with Andy; Angela got what came for her when both men are unwilling to even look at her again.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Angela tried to have an affair with both men and let them duel each other so she didn't have to make a choice herself. By the end, she ends up with neither.
- Loophole Abuse: Jim tries to defuse the conflict by using his position as temporary manager to ban Andy and Dwight from fighting in the office. The two just decide to do it outside where Jim can't do anything about it.
- Pet the Dog: Watching the duel from the conference room, everyone agrees that Andy deserves to win.