PlotFollowing the death of a tenured professor, the university has an open spot for another, and Leonard, Sheldon, and Raj compete over it.
- Friend to All Children: Kripke claims to be good with children. "Something about me just makes them waff and waff."
- I Have Boobs, You Must Obey!: Leonard brought Penny in a lowcut Little Black Dress to Mr. Tupperman's funeral to flirt with the tenure committee in his favor.
- Innocently Insensitive: Sheldon tries to curry favor with Ms. Davis by giving her a DVD set of Roots (1977). ("The tragic history of slavery in America. Fun for the whole family.") Davis calls him out on giving it only because she's black. Sheldon doesn't quite learn his lesson; next he goes to Professor Wu with the complete works of Jackie Chan.
- Professional Butt-Kisser: Kripke has no shame about it.Kripke: If you need my nose, you'll find it firmwy wodged up the wectum of the tenure committee.
- Whatever Happened to the Mouse?: It is never revealed which of the three, if any, got tenure.