Penny tries to start a home business. Unfortunately, things get out of control when Sheldon takes over.
- Analogy Backfire:
Sheldon: That is not the American Spirit. Did Davy Crocket quit at the Alamo? Did Jim Bowie?
Howard: They didn't give up, they were massacred! By like a gazillion angry Mexicans!
- Book-Ends: The episode begins and ends with the guys playing Secret Agent Laser games.
- Bottle Episode: Only the main characters are present and the action takes place entirely in the main apartment sets.
- Calvinball: The episode begins with the guys playing "Secret Agent Laser Obstacle Chess". Howard suggests a strip variant. In The Stinger, they play Secret Agent Laser Obstacle Lunch, which Leonard admits is just stupid.
- Didn't Think This Through: Leonard installs a 1-day rush option for Penny's business without even consulting Penny on whether she can handle business at such a fast pace or not. An order for 1000 blossoms from the East Rutherford New Jersey, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Alliance is placed for a 1-day rush, forcing the main cast to exhaust themselves into intense labor.
- Must Have Caffeine: Sheldon is against drinking coffee, as he considers it a drug. After drinking a few cups, he's acting like The Flash.
Sheldon: I'll be back before this banana hits the ground.
- Pop-Cultural Osmosis Failure:
Penny, I am a physicist. I have a working knowledge of the entire universe and everything it contains. Penny:
[after an awkward pause] I have a working knowledge of the important
things in the universe.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Just as the group finish one thousand Penny Blossoms, another order for 1000 blossoms from the East Rutherford New Jersey, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Alliance was placed for a 1-day rush. At that point, Leonard, Howard and Raj all abandon ship.