Originally aired October 11, 2007
Written by Holly Harold
Directed by Whitney Ransick
Kara joins a beauty pageant against Clark's wishes, and she learns that three of her fellow competitors, who happen to be metahumans, are planning to rob a time capsule that contains a Kryptonian artifact. Lana returns to Smallville and reunites with Clark.
Tropes present in the episode:
- Barehanded Bar Bending: Kara when she triest to escape her holding cell, before being stopped by Clark and Chloe.
- Beauty Contest: The Miss Sweet Corn contest.
- Blow You Away: Tempest's power.
- Chekhov's Gun: The Kryptonian device in the time capsule, which later becomes an important Plot Device in "Persona."
- Continuity Nod: Kara issues with her heat vision are similar to Clark's back in Heat.
- Deus Sex Machina: Kara's heat vision flares up after she sees Jimmy for the first time.
- Fanservice: Kara in a red bikini and heels, plus the camera gives us a good view of her gams.
- An Ice Person: Tyler's power.
- Jerkass: The Weather Girls, towards Kara.
- Like Father, Like Son: While training with Clark, Kara remarks to Clark he's uptight like his father Jor-El.
- Love at First Sight: Kara's heat vision is triggered the first time she sees Jimmy.
- Not What It Looks Like: Clark has this reaction when Lana first sees the scantily clad Kara in his house.
- Playing with Fire: Carly's power.
- Please Put Some Clothes On: When Kara walks in on Lana and Clark wearing only a bikini, an uncomfortable Clark asks this of her.
- Power Incontinence: Initially, Kara has a hard time controlling her heat vision. At one point, she ends up causing a watermelon to explode, the results of which end up all over Clark.
- Proud Beauty: Kara is very eager and confident to win the Miss Sweet Corn contest. She does.
- Terrible Trio: The Weather Girls, comprised of Tempest, Carly, and Tyler. Later gets cut down to a duo after Carly is killed.
- Villain of the Week: The Weather Girls.