After Kyoko has cried her heart out about her mother's harsh words, her mood quickly lifts again, and she's determined to change things now. She plans to surprise her mother by setting up a meeting with her, and finally having that face-to-face talk they needed to have for a long time.
When she and Saena meet at her office, the atmosphere is tense. Kyoko has a ton of questions and wants answers to them, but isn't sure how far she can go. Saena agrees to tell Kyoko about her past, and the mistakes she's made, and how Kyoko came into being.
But Saena makes it clear that this knowledge might hurt Kyoko. Is she ready for it?
This volume contains the following chapters
- Act 225: Pop Chord note
- Extra: Them Then ~The Human Mandala In the Small Hours Of The Morning~ note
- Act 226: Marble Flag note
- Act 227: Spiral Echo note
- Act 228: Ground Call note
- Act 229: Ground Call note
- Act 230: Ground Call note
Chapters in this volume contain examples of
- A younger Saena was like this, being much more easily flustered than nowadays, and even scowling when she couldn't decide between what fish to eat. Even her boyfriend called it a cute trait of hers.
- Her boyfriend, Misonoi, also has aspects of this. He's a sweet guy that certainly means well, but can come across as inconsiderate, and has failed his college exams multiple times. All while keeping a goofy grin on his face.
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: Misonoi gives Saena one as she falls asleep at his place. She's quite embarrassed, but also pleased about it.
- Angry Eyebrows: Saena has an amazing pair of eyebrows that love to form deep wrinkles on her forehead when she frowns. The deep furrows of her eyebrows has even got them nicknamed the 'Mogami River'.
- Bad Liar: Discussed, as Ruto says that it looks like Kyoko has cheered up a lot already and Lory tells him to not be deceived. That Kyoko is an actress and can fool people, so Ruto says that Lory might have to talk to or see her for himself to know if she honestly was cheered up.
- Can't Hold Her Liquor: Todou mentions that Saena isn't very good at tolerating alcohol. A case of truth in television, as Asians are known to lack an enzyme that helps their body break down alcohol better.
- Covers Always Lie: The cover shows Kyoko, Kanae and Chiori as school students attending the same location. Not only is that not the uniform Kyoko wears to the high school she attends, but Kanae and Chiori are also not her schoolmates and aren't even attending highschool themselves.
- Elopement: Saena thought that Kyoko and Shou ran off to Tokyo to secretly get married. Kyoko angrily yells that there was never any of 'that' kind of relationship between them, just to set the record straight!
- Flashback: Chapter 225 has Ren flashing back to how fast Kyoko's moods have always flipped from sad to happy, including a time when she was downcast ten seconds ago, and in absolute tears three minutes prior to that.
- Flower Motifs: It's a shoujo manga, after all.
- The cover has cherry blossoms flying around from the cherry trees.
- Some panels have flowers spontaneously burst into existence.
- Forgets to Eat: Saena has a tendency to do this when she gets really focused on her work.
- It's Not You, It's Me: A non-romantic example, with Saena making it clear that Kyoko isn't at fault for their strained relationship.
- The Mole: There are concerns that Misonoi might be a company spy.
- Ordinary Highschool Student: Kyoko wears her high school uniform when meeting her mother, though her school is specifically attended by students that are also working in showbiz.
- Secret Test of Character: The owner of the Darumaya actually pulls this on some people. He serves them some fish and, if they eat it neatly, they pass his test. In fact, this is how Kyoko even got hired to work at Darumaya.
- Sherlock Scan: Todou gives one to Saena in Chapter 228, noticing instantly that she is wearing a different shade of lipstick and insisting that this means something, as she has never before changed her lipstick color.
- Slipping a Mickey: Saena wonders if Misonoi might have slipped her a sleeping pill in her drink, but is certain that she was just at her limit with exhaustion.
- Sudden Name Change: Saena's colleague was initially translated as Fujimichi in Chapter 220, but changed to Todou in Chapter 226 because Nakamura had since provided the official reading.
- The Teetotaler: Saena has become one after Todou got her drunk one night, and she blabbed to him about Kyoko and her reason for coming to Tokyo. She refuses to let her guard down again.
- Tempting Fate: Katagiri says that there's no way his firm and client will lose the Jousei case. The only way it could happen would be if someone managed to steal some of the case information... which makes Saena recall the number 2 floppy disk in her case being put in upside-down, and knowing that she didn't put it that way.
- Was It All a Lie?: When Saena begins to worry that Misonoi might actually be an industrial spy out to steal information of her case, she thinks back to their relationship and wonders if even their meeting was a setup to get close to her.