Kyoko supports Chiori in her appearance in a comedy show by acting as a substitute manager. While that aspect of the day works out just fine, things become more difficult when Kyoko encounters her mother.
As much progress as Kyoko has made in restoring her damaged heart, this particular part of her past is one that still has quite an effect on her. And when her mother is the first one to have hurt her so deeply, how will Kyoko fare?
Will she be able to step up? Or succumb to old wounds?
This volume contains the following chapters
- Act 219: Crystal Stream note
- Act 220: Crystal Stream note
- Act 221: Crystal Storm note
- Act 222: Crystal Storm note
- Act 223: Crystal Storm note
- Act 224: Pressure Change note
Chapters in this volume contains examples of
- Armor-Piercing Question
- Chapter 221 has an attempted one by a caller on a law-discussion show, when Saena cooly explains the law about custody to her, with the rationality infuriating her. The pierce doesn't occur and Saena retains her armor.Caller: You... you've never experienced anything like labor pains or childbirth, have you!?Saena: Certainly, I do not have a child.
- Chapter 223 has Shou ask Kyoko where she was planning to head to in order to cry. Kyoko realizes that the place she usually ran off to — Corn's forest — isn't in Tokyo.
- Chapter 221 has an attempted one by a caller on a law-discussion show, when Saena cooly explains the law about custody to her, with the rationality infuriating her. The pierce doesn't occur and Saena retains her armor.
- Bad Liar: Kyoko doesn't even seem to try at lying about having seen the show her mother was on.
- Bald of Awesome: Jerry threatens Ren with the worry that dyeing his blond hair to black for Ren Tsuruga's short stay in Japan, before going back to blond and to Cain Heel again could lead to him going bald. Ren states that, if that happens, he will proudly shave his head.
- Cry into Chest: Kyoko cries her heart out in Ren's arms, though she mistook him for Corn. And gets quite embarrassed once she's calmed down and noticed her mistake.
- Dude, She's Like, in a Coma!: Shou kisses Kyoko when she's in a state of severe, emotional distress and shutting herself off from the world. He did it in an attempt to force a reaction out of her.
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: Kyoko works her hardest to not show these when she hears her mother's words. She manages for a bit, before getting dead eyes.
- Chapter 222 has Ren flash back to a young Kyoko telling him how her mother will definitely praise her, if she gets perfect scores on her exams.
- Chapter 223 has Kyoko recalling how she wandered around the forest after Corn left, crying out for him.
- Chapter 224 opens with a flashback to a young Kyoko going into her mother's study and trying to comfort her, but Saena roughly shrugs her off and yells at her to go away.
- There's a second flashback to how Corn always comforted a crying Kyoko.
- Flower Motifs: It's a shoujo manga, after all.
- Upon seeing Kanae again, Kyoko brusts with a bunch of flowers surrounding her, but Kanae quickly slaps them all to the ground without batting an eye.
- Kyoko wears some flowers in her hair on the cover.
- Flowers appear randomly in the background of some panels.
- Get Out!: Saena yelled this at a young Kyoko, who had entered her study.
- Hiding the Handicap: The regulars of the variety show tell Chiori that she shouldn't appear on-camera with her injured neck wrapped in bandages. Chiori chooses to put a scarf around her neck that Kyoko bought, in order to hide her injury and not be pitied.
- Highly Conspicuous Uniform: The Love Me uniform and its eye-searingly bright, neon pink color makes a reappearance. Chiori and Kyoko specifically refer to it as their 'combat uniform', and Chiori uses it as a means to help her act well on the variety show for comedy purposes.
- I Have No Daughter Saena states on TV that she has no child.
- One Steve Limit: As soon as the name 'Mogami' is seen by Kanae and Yashiro, they immediately wonder if Saena is related to Kyoko, as she is the only Mogami they know. Yes, Saena is Kyoko's mother.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Kanae tells Kyoko that she resembles her mother a lot. When Kyoko denies this, she corrects it and says that Kyoko-as-Natsu resembles her.