Kyoko has finally learned the truth about her mother's cold behavior towards her since childhood. As painful as the truth and its details was, she doesn't feel worse. In fact, she feels relieved and can let go of some of the ghosts of her past. Kyoko promises to become an amazing actress to her mother.
Back at LME, the company has been receiving disturbing phone calls for the Love Me section for the past few days. Someone wants the Love Me section to help them get their revenge on someone over a stolen role. The role in question relates to the The Lotus in the Mire period drama that is undergoing re-auditions for the role of Momiji.
Is there some truth about the story of a role having been stolen by unjust means?
This volume contains the following chapters
- Act 231: Ground Call note
- Act 232: Endless Give Up note
- Act 233: Clear Mist note
- Act 234: A Sacred Lotus In The Mire note
- Act 235: Sakura Messenger note
- Act 236: Howling Ambition note
Chapters in this volume contain examples of
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: Kyoko asks if her mother could give her a pat on the head upon achieving her goal of becoming an amazing actress.
- Alternate Character Reading: Kanae is surprised that Kyoko instantly knew to read the Lotus in the The Lotus in the Mire title as hachisu, while she initially read it as hasu. Kyoko admits that it's correct, but that she figured it was hachisu because of the time-period the story takes place in.
- Driven to Suicide: In her emotional, vulnerable state, Saena had actually considered committing suicide while pregnant, but she survived, and Katagiri helped her regain her will to live.
- Chapter 236 opens with Kyoko's phone call with Shou's mother, making an appointment for the visit.
- The same chapter contains a flashback to a time when a younger Kyoko says her dream is to become Shou's bride. Shou is not happy to hear that at all.
- Flower Motifs: It's a shoujo manga, after all.
- Good Girls Avoid Abortion: Discussed, with Saena implying that she had planned to abort her pregnancy, but no doctor was willing to do the procedure because she was already in ill health due to a bad lifestyle and it was riskier. The legal time-limit for an abortion passed and Saena had no choice but to give birth.
- Heroic BSoD: Played for laughs, with Kyoko turning into a claydoll statue upon learning that the role of Momiji is someone who hates Chidori, the role that Kanae was auditioning for.
- Ill Woman: Saena's health wasn't the best before and during the pregnancy because of focusing too much on work instead of proper nourishment and not getting enough sleep. Her health has improved since.
- Invented Individual: No matter how hard she tried, Saena could not find any information about 'Kazushi Misonoi' even existing after he ran off.
- Little Girls Kick Shins: She's not a little girl anymore, but Kyoko gives a piercing kick into Shou's shin.
- Love Triangle: To Kyoko's sorrow, she learns that the roles of Momiji and Chidori are those of two love rivals, who are both in love with the wandering Samurai Shizuma.
- Manchild: Kyoko flat-out calls Shou one.
- Not So Different: Kyoko admits that she can't blame her mother much for her mistakes when younger because Kyoko herself knows what it's like to become a complete fool because of love.
- Shower Scene: Chapter 231 opens up with Saena taking a shower.