Riley discovers the voice from her childhood belongs to Yrsa, who is sensate like her. Yrsa explains her actions by saying Riley was not safe in Iceland, as BPO have a facility there. She also says she will go into hiding, as BPO have the technology to trace connected sensates and they will find her if Riley gets captured. Will is visited by Jonas, who is being held prisoner by BPO. Will visits Riley, while she continues to visit Yrsa. Jonas and Yrsa reveal that all members of a cluster are born at the same time, taking their first breath as one. Yrsa becomes agitated when she finds out that Jonas is present. She tells Riley that Jonas and Angelica were collaborators who used to help Whispers hunt sensates. Wolfgang's uncle visits the hospital to warn him not to seek revenge on Steiner. Sun's father comes to visit her in the prison and reveals he will confess the truth. Nomi and Lito share intimate stories of their past. Riley visits the graves of her husband and infant daughter. Capheus visits her and tells her of his infant sister they gave up for adoption. Lito struggles with the loss of Hernando.
Tropes present in this episode:
- Ate His Gun: Lito tries to do this, but the gun turns out to be a novelty lighter.Lito: It's a fake... Like everything in my life!
- Bonding over Missing Parents: Capheus meets Riley at the grave of her husband and daughter, and they mourn his Disappeared Dad and her dead mom, husband, and daughter.
- Don't Answer That: When the police are interrogating Kala about the attempted hit on Rajan's father, Rajan cuts off the questioning after the cops start asking leading questions about Kala's reason for speaking with him.
- Multitasked Conversation: Riley and Will are visiting each other and being visited by Yrsa and Jonas, respectively. Yrsa and Jonas don't know the other is there, and as a result there are three conversations going on: Yrsa and Riley re: love in a cluster being bad, Will and Jonas re: love in a cluster being good, and Riley and Will re: just plain ol' love.
- Title Drop: Said by Riley to Capheus when he comforts her at the graves of her husband and daughter.