As Cassidy falls in with a group of mysterious strangers in New Orleans, Tulip and Jesse deal with the fallout of a failed escape from Angelville.
- Bad Boss: The Allfather has his gastroenterologist beheaded for his stomach staples not holding. Needless to say, Herr Starr is quite afraid of him.
- Buried Alive: Or rather put under a lake alive in a coffin in Jesse's case.
- Confusion Fu: During her brawl with T.C., Tulip suddenly picks up a toothbrush and nail scissors, much to the latters confusion. It was only a distraction to knock him out.
- Dare to Be Badass: John Wayne gives Jesse one hell of a Rousing Speech to get him to abandon his fantasy world and actually break out of the coffin he's been trapped in.
- Dead Man's Switch: Turns out that Marie consumed Tulip's hair and finger nails so that her life will be connected to her own and thus they can't kill her easily.
- Escape Artist: Tulip manages to free herself from her shackles with a simple pen. She also somehow managed to chain Jody in return.
- Even Evil Has Standards: T.C. is horrified at Marie planning to consume Tulip's soul.
- Fat Bastard: The Allfather is extremely bloated.
- Imaginary Friend: Jesse has an illusion of John Wayne when he is put in the coffin.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Tulip's attempted murder has put Marie in a critical condition....now they will have to get a soul for her to consume.
- Not So Stoic: Herr Starr is quite afraid of the Allfather, for good reason.
- Why Don't You Just Shoot Him?: This episode shows why Jesse can't just kill his grandmother.