A small bird is bullied by much larger pigeons, who snatch up all of Mickey's breadcrumbs. They continue to thwart Mickey's attempts to feed the bird, so he must turn the tables on them.
- Bookends: Mickey begins and ends the short singing "Feed the Birds."
- The Cameo: Donald Duck appears briefly, partying among the pigeons in Mickey's house.
- Jerkass: The pigeons keep stealing the little birds' food just to be dicks and later end up invading Mickey's house and raiding the food therein.
- Mythology Gag:
- Tuppence, the little bird, is based on the baby bird Snow White befriends in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- The pigeons' laughter sounds similar to that of Max Hare from the Silly Symphonies short The Tortoise and the Hare.
- A pigeon flips through Mickey's TV channels, showing stills of two scenes from the Disneyland episode "Mars and Beyond," an image of Walt Disney and an image of Jafar from Aladdin.
- Mickey's welcome to the pigeons as they flock to "Birdland" is based directly on Walt Disney's dedication to the opening of Disneyland.
- Pesky Pigeons: A flock of pigeons bully a small bird by denying him any and all food that Mickey tries to feed him. They later fly into Mickey's house, kick him out, and wreck it. Mickey and the little bird soon get back at the pigeons by trapping them in a rocket disguised as a giant bird feeder and launching them into space.
- Whole Plot Reference: The entire short is based on the "Feed the Birds" song from Mary Poppins.