Liv has to deal with a brain shortage in Seattle just as video of zombies eating on a woman raises tensions.
- Commonplace Rare: Dale's request for chocolate makes it clear it's considered a delicacy in Seattle these days. Later subverted when it turns out that there really is still a wide variety of coffee. After all, it is Seattle...
- Everyone Has Standards: Invoked by the border agents Blaine was bribing as they were okay letting folks go through the city borders for cash but try to quit when they see a zombie feast on a woman.
- London Gangster: Ravi becomes this after eating the brain of a mob "thumbreaker."
- Read the Fine Print: Said verbatim by Blaine when noting that he was truthful to his bribed border agents on how zombies aren't violent and rabid..."unless they're hungry."
- Blaine's zombie ads are just like Matthew McConaughey's famous car TV spots.
- Dr. Collier's boss claims that she's a real-life Good Will Hunting story. She makes it clear that she really isn't, and finds the comparison patronizing and insulting.
- Liv says that Ravi is doing "the Gollum-Smeagol scene from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers."
- Suicide Attack: A man does this by plowing a van of explosives into a squad of Filmore-Graves soldiers.