Dorothy, Lucas, and Toto decide not to go to the Emerald City when they learn of the Wizard's orders to kill Dorothy. They instead travel to East's castle, where Dorothy hopes to use another tornado to go back home. She poses as East's successor and is asked to use East's magic gauntlets to stop the out-of-control weather that has resulted from East's death. Dorothy is sucked into the tornado and takes a brief trip to somewhere else in Oz. Dorothy finds her mother Karen's lab coat, revealing Karen has visited Oz. She returns to East's lair, managing to escape with Lucas and Toto as the tornado goes out of control and destroys the castle.
In Emerald City, three of West's employees publicly commit magical suicide, and the Wizard asks newest High Council member Anna to investigate. Anna deducts that the Wizard lacks magic and is promptly imprisoned.
Tip and Jack travel to the Land of Ev to buy more of the medicine Mombi produced for Tip, hoping it will turn Tip back into a boy, but the Ev chemist they ask for help explains the medicine was suppressing Tip's true gender. Confused by his feelings for a suddenly-female friend, Jack kisses Tip, who angrily pushes him away. Jack crashes through a banister and falls to his death.
- Addictive Magic: West claims she's glad for the Wizard's laws as "magic was a drug even worse than the poppy."
- Eating the Eye Candy: After Tip turns into a girl, Jack finds it hard to stop staring at her cleavage. A waitress advises Tip to cover them up.
- The Reveal:
- Dorothy's birth mother has been to Oz.
- Mombi had been using magic to disguise Tip as a boy since infancy.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Dorothy has this moment when she gets dolled up in a red dress at East's castle.
- Snow Means Death: Zigzags between this and Snow Means Love. There's snow when Jack kisses Tip but she pushes him away in anger and Jack seemingly falls to his death.