Dorothy and Lucas encounter a mute girl while travelling through a forest. Although the girl clings to Lucas, Dorothy escorts the girl to a nearby village with the hope of finding her family. Eamonn and his soldiers are patrolling the village, forcing Dorothy to move surreptitiously. The girl is claimed by a suspicious-looking couple, whom Dorothy later finds turned to stone. Eamonn confronts Dorothy and recognizes Lucas' sword. Dorothy shoots Eamonn and escapes with Lucas; they kiss in the woods. The next day, Lucas is found by Eamonn and Dorothy is knocked out by Ojo.
The Wizard frees Anna and assigns her to his taskforce dealing with a magic portal in the village of Nimbo, but it disappears. The residents of Nimbo have been practicing magic in secret, so the Wizard blackmails the village elder into embracing the way of science.
Tip contemplates suicide after apparently killing Jack, but is taken to Glinda's household. Given the choice between joining Glinda's nuns or West's courtesans, she chooses West but requests to be taught magic.
Jack awakens after life-saving surgery at the hands of a doctor named Jane. He is distressed to discover that his body have largely been replaced by mechanical components. Jack is then introduced to the eccentric Princess Langwidere of Ev, to whom Jane has sold him as a servant.
- Body Horror: When Jack is brought back to life, he wakes up on an operating table and finds that much of his body has been replaced by metal and clockwork. To saw he's distraught would be an understatement.
- Driven to Suicide: At the beginning of the episode, Tip contemplates jumping off a bridge after accidentally killing Jack in the previous episode.
- I Have Your Wife: The Wizard forces a local rebel to denounce magic by threatening his pregnant daughter with death.
- Interscene Diegetic: When Lucas asks Dorothy about the science and technology from her world, she takes out an iPod plays him a recording of "Ain't No Sunshine." The scene shifts away to show the Wizard in Nimbo and the music continues to play.
- Made a Slave: After Jack catches the attention of Lady Ev, she decides to make him her property.
- MadonnaWhore Complex: Discussed by Tip when she's told to choose between joining Glinda's quasi-religious order of celibate devotees or West's brothel — no third option.Glinda: Come with me. You'll be treated with the utmost respect.West: Respect, yes. Love, no.Glinda: You'll be untouched. Pure. Forever and always.West: And I offer you the chance to feel something. To make others feel something. To be worshiped as a courtesan.Tip: So you're saying my only choice as a girl is nun or whore?West: Did I mention we sleep in?