The N Team takes a tour of the studio where Wombatman, Kid Icarus' favorite TV show, is shot. Little do they know Mother Brain is holding Wombatman's girlfriend hostage to force him to lead the N Team into a trap.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Simon gets another one in the octopus-person who's the director's assistant.
- Broken Pedestal: In one episode, Kid Icarus gets to meet Wombatman, the star of his favorite show. His disillusionment when he realizes Wombatman is just an actor is painful.
- Rebuilt Pedestal: Seeing how much Kid Icarus believed in him gets Wombatman to start acting like a real hero, and they team up to save their friends. Kid Icarus can say he's the only person who went on a for-real adventure with Wombatman.
- Damsel in Distress: Wombatman's girlfriend, Nikki, is being held hostage by Mother Brain to lure the N Team into a trap.
- Humongous Mecha: Wombatman's fighting one that goes rogue and requires the N Team to show up and stop it, which has very real, dangerous weapons even though it's just being used to shoot a TV show (probably thanks to Mother Brain).
- Product Placement: A surprisingly non-obvious example for this show, but if you know what to look for, Wombatman's studio appears to be located in the world of Marble Madness.
- Series Continuity Error: In this episode Simon thinks Wombatman is a dumb show and Wombatman himself gives "real" heroes like the N Team a bad name. In "The Most Dangerous Game Master", Simon was the show's big fan.
- Shout-Out Again kind of a subtle one, when Nikki asks if Wombatman's okay and he replies "There's a name for my pain, and it's Mother Brain".