Calvin hasn't slept well in the past three days, thanks to the monsters under his bed throwing wild parties all night. As a result, he's become agitated and angry at school, only further compounded by Hobbes' sleeping like a baby.
After his father mistakenly replaces his mattress, Calvin gets Hobbes' help to get him sleeping again. After several tries, Calvin gives up hope, only for him to find success in his last attempt with the Time Pauser.
- Big "WHAT?!": Calvin when his father announces the mattress had been replaced.
- Chewing the Scenery/No Indoor Voice: Calvin when tired. His text is almost entirely bold for the first half of the episode.
- Eureka Moment: When Calvin notes "If only there was some way I could make all noise stop all together!"
- Greatest Hits Album: Parodied when the monsters listen to "Best of Little Kids Screaming".
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Calvin exaggerates this when tired.
- The Insomniac: Calvin becomes this.
- Medium Awareness:Hobbes: Calvin, did you realize that half of this episode is being used up with you screaming?Calvin: I'M NOT SCREAMING!
- Sanity Slippage: Calvin falls into this due to sleep deprivation.
- Title Drop:"Okay," said Hobbes, and he left. "Nighty night.""Nighty shut up." Calvin spat.