Directed by Scot Lautanen
"Blood, Sweat and Tears" is the fourteenth episode of Season 1. It originally aired February 9, 2005.
Synopsis:A small wooden box containing the body of a nearly nude young man washes up on the beach. This case leads the team to the circus. Meanwhile, Danny and Flack find the body of a young woman in the garbage chute of an apartment building.
Tropes for the episode:
- Body in a Breadbox: The box the young man is found in is a perfect 2 foot cube.
- Break Up Demand / Fantasy-Forbidding Father / Feuding Families: The fathers of the young couple in the first case can't stand each other and forbid their children to continue dating.
- Circus Episode: Acts from the circus involved in the first case are shown and discussed.
- Contortionist: The first victim performed as one in the circus.
- Suicide Pact: One of the parties goes thru with it; the other does not.
- Shout-Out: The theme of the traveling circus is "Romeo and Juliet," complete with lines from the play.