Directed by Karen Gaviola
"Tanglewood" is the thirteenth episode of Season 1. It originally aired January 26, 2005.
Synopsis:Three cases: A murder in a grocery store, a young man with the word "Tanglewood" tattooed on his back, and a hit-and-run victim.
Tropes for the episode:
- Batter Up!: The Tanglewood Boys beat a wannabe gang member with a signed Mickey Mantle bat they take off the wall of a sports bar.
- Resignations Not Accepted: Danny, whose brother Louie was a Tanglewood Boy, tells Mac that the gang rarely ever lets members out of the gang, and certainly not without consequences.
- Series Continuity Error: Possible. Given Danny's background that is revealed here, one has to wonder who it is in his "family of cops" he refers to in season 6.
- Tattooed Crooks: The Tanglewood Boys all have their gang logo tattooed on their backs, complete with entry date and a space for exit date, if that were ever to happen. They tell Mac that they do things "Mafia style," and Stella that they have their own set of rules.
- Title Drop: It's the name of the gang, so yeah.
- White Gangbangers: The Tanglewood Boys.
Recognizable Guest Star:
Trivia for the episode:
- In the scene where Danny & Aiden ask to see Ross Lee in the advertising building, the building shown is the actual writers' building for CSI: NY.