Jefferson: Right here!
Kids at Garfield: And whose life is this?
Kids at Garfield: And what are you gonna do with it?
Jefferson: [tears of joy in his eyes] Live it by any means necessary!
The kids in the pods from the ASA's original experiment are beginning to wake up. Meanwhile Jefferson has to explain to his students and staff about his resignation as principal, and Khalil is beginning to regret the choices he made by shunning Jefferson and embracing Tobias.
- 100% Adoration Rating: All the teachers and students are horrified that Jefferson is stepping down as principal, despite him constantly insisting it was his idea and is a reasonable consequence of his actions.
- Acquired Situational Narcissism: Anissa's opinion that her powers are a blessing is starting to go to her head. She no longer has patience for anything to do with superheroing that isn't gratifying or fun. Luckily, Jefferson has zero patience for her showboating and tells her bluntly to her face she needs to rethink her attitude.
- Being Evil Sucks: It's finally dawning on Khalil that being Painkiller has more cons than pros. Not only is Tobias a Bad Boss as ever, but he has no way of returning to the comforts of his old life.
- Blow You Away: Wendy Hernandez can turn a simple breeze into a hurricane as noted by Gambi.
- The Bus Came Back: Grace Choi comes back having not been seen since "Black Jesus". And she's not happy that Anissa has been putting her on the back burner ... or flirting with another woman for that matter.
- From Bad to Worse: Jefferson having to resign as principal was bad enough, but then Napier reveals his replacement will be a white man — something that the School Board knows will enrage the predominantly black students and their parents considering Jefferson's popularity and Napier reveals that if Jefferson wants to salvage his reputation he has to show his support for "Master Lowry", despite being enraged by it.
- He Knows Too Much: Tobias starts killing off his accomplices for this reason. One of his older accomplices, who helped him killed Alvin Pierce, is actually very understanding about it.
- Jerkass: It's not so subtly implied the School Board picked a white man to replace Jefferson for no other reason than to just piss him off — something underscored by how Napier is the one to relay the message.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Tobias tells Khalil this is his major problem, as evidenced by a chess game where he falls for the bait of a hanging knight, which then lets Tobias capture his queen and win in a few moves.
- Police Brutality: Remember that Green Light baby whom came back to life after the police killed him? Turns out their excuse was that he was loitering!
- Punny Name: Wendy, a Green Light baby with the power to control wind.
- The Reveal: Issa's powers are that whenever he makes eye contact with people it compels them to tell the truth — especially things they're too normally polite to say.
- You Have Failed Me: Non-lethal, but Tobias makes it clear he's very unhappy with Painkiller on how he failed to stop Fowdy from killing Syonide by giving him a succession of brutal slaps to the face.
- Your Days Are Numbered: Lynn breaks the news to Issa that his cells are breaking down and he could die within several months unless she finds a cure.