Connie gives Jessi a crash course in female pleasure, Maury tries to talk Andrew into sending a dick pic, and Nick lashes out at his new housemate.
Tropes in this episode:
- Accidental Truth: Nick's insulting comments about Harry Houdini (that he's very sensitive and has a big weird butt) turn out to be entirely on point.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: In Andrew's letter to Cherry, he says that he prays that a death in the family will happen so that they can meet again at the funeral. Come Season 4, his prayers are answered.
- Big Damn Heroes: Featuring Ludacris stops Val and Kurt from following through on their threat to taze Nick's balls.
- Biting-the-Hand Humor: After Andrew tells Maury he is not going to kill himself, Maury cites "Netflix legal" and loudly declares, "No teenager should kill themselves! Even though it makes for captivating television!" This is a dig at a fellow Netflix show that was controversial for its onscreen depiction of teenage suicide.
- Black Comedy: Duke claims to have removed an important screw from Buddy Holly's plane.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: The A-Story's subject is Jessi learning about female masturbation.
- Deliberate Values Dissonance: When Nick storms off after being made fun of by Duke and Jay, Duke asks: "What? You can't compliment a child on his dick sucking lips anymore?"
- Driven to Suicide: Maury thinks Andrew would kill himself, after getting in trouble for sending his cousin a dick pic. Subverted as Andrew says he's not going to.
- Dude, Not Funny!: When Andrew contemplates sending Cherry an ab pic, he jokingly says he needs to crop out the abscess under his left breast.Maury: (seriously) You really need to get that checked out man.
Andrew: (dejectedly) I know.
- Foreshadowing: The snake in Jessi's dream has the same voice as Judd; she develops a crush on him later in the episode.
- Hulking Out: Jay gets muscular after Nick mocks Harry Houdini.
- Insistent Terminology: Connie insists Google is pronounce "Joo-jul".
- Shout-Out: Do the Thing! is a parody of The Price Is Right.
- You Are Grounded!: Marty and Barbara find out that Andrew has not only taken inappropriate pictures of himself and uploaded them, using his up the family data plan in the process, but he also sent such pictures to Cherry. Andrew gets in big trouble for this and although his parents do not say anything about punishment after the discovery, Andrew later reveals that he has been grounded as they forbade Andrew from leaving his room and took away his phone and computer.