Season 2, Episode 07:
Home, Part II
After the ambush by the Cylons and Elosha's death, Roslin continues to lead the group towards the Tomb of Athena, and is trying to decipher the book of prophecies with Sharon's help. Nearby, Meier asks Zarek if it's the right time to kill Lee, but Zarek tells him to wait until they find the Tomb before they do anything.
In Galactica's CIC, Bill looks over recon data of Kobol's surface and realizes where Roslin and the others are. He decides to set out with his own group to find Roslin and the others and make amends with them. To that end, he brings Tyrol and Billy with him, and their group sets out from Galactica for the planet.
Elsewhere on the Battlestar, Baltar is growing increasingly unhinged with his paranoia, and begins to believe that HeadSix is not real. HeadSix tells him that she is very real, and that there is nothing in his head that was implanted by the Cylons. She asks him to go get a brainscan done on himself to verify her statement, and when he goes down to sickbay, Cottle scans him and confirms that there are no mechanical abnormalities in his head. Baltar is relieved, though Cottle writes him off as a hypochondriac.
On Kobol, Sharon relates her experiences to Helo and the others, and further indicates that she shares Boomer's memories. Kara also discusses her experience with the Buccaneers, but her attempt to have Roslin sympathize are brusquely ignored, as the latter is solely focused on finding the tomb. Soon after, Meier goes to Sharon and tries to enlist her help to kill Lee.
Bill's team lands, and they quickly find the location of Roslin's camp. The two groups meet warily, but Bill, Lee and Kara soon hug each other, Billy warmly reunites with Roslin, and the elder Adama apologizes to Roslin for what's happened over the last week, indicating that he wants to put their differences aside and work together.
The happy moment is cut short when Bill sees Sharon, and he angrily attacks her. However, after knocking her to the ground and trying to choke her, he suffers from chest pain as a result of his recovery. As he moves away from her clutching his chest, Sharon seemingly responds to the question he asked Boomer's corpse in Galactica's morgue"Why?".
Roslin and Adama have a conversation soon after, with the latter admitting that had he not followed her advice when the Colonies were attacked, none of them would be alive today. They make amends and plan to continue the expedition. Elsewhere, Zarek tries to convince Meier to abandon his plan of killing Lee now that Bill has returned to the group, but Meier continues anyway, giving Sharon a pistol and telling her to be ready when the moment presents itself. Sharon goes to Helo and tells him to trust what she is going to do next.
As the team reaches the tomb, Meier and one of Zarek's subordinates try to kill Lee, and a standoff occurs. Meier tells Sharon to act, but she responds by killing both Meier and the subordinate, before telling the group that she is her own person and will decide her own destiny. She surrenders the weapon to Bill as a gesture of good faith.
Bill orders Tyrol to stand watch over Zarek, Sharon and Helo as he, Lee, Kara, Roslin and Billy go inside the tomb. Once there, they discover statues of the various tribes of the Twelve Colonies. After realizing that one of the statues is missing its arrow, Kara sets the Arrow of Apollo on it, activating a holographic map that points out the way to Earth through the constellations. Afterwards, the group returns to Galactica.
Some time later, Bill and Roslin successfully mend their differences, with the former holding a assembly to reinstate her presidency on the hangar deck. The crew cheers for her, while elsewhere, Sharon is put into the holding cell made for Boomer
- Ambiguous Situation: Gaius Baltar finds himself seriously questioning if Head Six is real or just a figment of his imagination. The end of the episode strongly leans toward Head Six being real.
- Asshole Victim: Meier, who is shot by Sharon.
- Awesome Moment of Crowning: Bill reinstates Roslin as president a special ceremony on Galactica's hangar deck.
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Helo admits that he truly loves Sharon, despite knowing she is a Cylon.
- Chekhov's Gun: Sharon ends up occupying the holding cell that was intended for Boomer on Galactica.
- Hive Mind: Sharon once again showcases that she can access other Cylon's memories, via bringing up Boomer's experiences over the last two years and making reference to Bill's remark to the latter in Galactica's morgue.
- Mexican Standoff: Between Lee and Meier when the latter tries to kill the younger Adama.
- Prophecy Twist: Head Six tells Gaius Baltar that their child will be born in the cell built for Galactica-Boomer. Baltar finds this dubious, because he thinks Head Six is just an imaginary woman. However, he realizes later, from Helo speaking to Sharon about their baby, that this must be what Head Six is referring to.
- Red Shirt: The unnamed subordinate from Zarek's group who tries to kill Lee, and is unceremoniously shot by Sharon.
- So Proud of You: Bill to his son after they reunite.
- Status Quo Is God: The fleet returns to normalcy at the end of the episode, with everyone having reunited and gone back to the way things were before the military coup.
- What Could Have Been: There were originally plans to have the Cylons attack the tomb as the Colonials were leaving at the end of the episode, thus damaging the holographic map and rendering it unusable, but this was scrapped prior to filming.
- Xanatos Speed Chess: SubvertedZarek hastily tries to reconfigure his plan after Bill shows up, but Meier goes ahead with the original plan anyway (and gets killed for it).