Jake is held hostage by a balding witch, who demands that Finn bring her a lock of princess hair to use as a wig.
- Ass Shove: The Tree Witch threatens to entrap Jake in her "bottomless bottom" if Finn doesn't give her what she wants.
- Card-Carrying Villain: The Tree Witch. "Now, to use my hair for evil".
- Compressed Hair: The episode finally reveals that Finn has a mane of uncut blond hair bigger than he is hidden beneath his hat.
- Dem Bones: Princess Beautiful turns out to be an undead skeleton.
- Grave Robbing: Finn is reduced to digging up Princess Beautiful's grave in the hope of finding some surviving hair.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: While sympathetic, the bald witch is just merely a jerk.
- The Lady's Favour: All the princesses believe that Finn wants their hair as a love token, and that he's in love with them.
- Plant Person: The Tree Witch is one.
- Rapunzel Hair: Finn is revealed to have a long mane of blonde hair.
- Reality Ensues: Finn tries to get a lock of Princess Bubblegum's hair and give it to the Tree Witch. The Tree Witch tells him "This isn't hair! It's bubblegum!"
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Finn gets tired of the Tree Witch ordering him around, and tells her that her problem is that she's ugly inside and out.
- Wham Shot: The very, very, very, very, very, very, very, VERY first time Finn takes off his hat EVER!